The National Investigation Agency and the Jammu Police will jointly investigate the twin attacks in Rajouri, Home Minister Amit Shah said on Friday.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah held a high-level meeting with officials in Jammu over security-related issues in the Union Territory. Lt Governor Manoj Sinha attended the meeting.

“The Government of India has handed over the investigation of both the incidents (terror attacks in Dhangri in the first week of January) that took place over two days to the NIA. The NIA and Jammu Police will investigate incidents together,” Shah said after the meeting.

Earlier in the day, he was scheduled to meet the families of those killed in the attack. However, the meeting had to be cancelled. Shah spoke to the victims’ families over phone.

news reels

Saroj Bala, the mother of two of the victims, said: “Union HM Amit Shah interacted with us over phone. He assured us to visit on his next visit. I lost my both sons during the Dhangri attack. I urged him to provide us justice and answer the killers.”

A total of seven civilians, including two children, were killed and several injured in two terror attacks in Upper Dangri village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district on January 1 and 2.

While four people were gunned down on January 1 evening, two children were killed and several others injured after a suspected Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast occurred in the same vicinity in Rajouri’s Upper Dhangri village on January 2 morning.

On January 8, another person succumbed to his injuries at a government hospital. The same day, Indian Army personnel gunned down two terrorists believed to be involved in the January 1 attacks.



Source link

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *