The Union Home Ministry, after receiving a detailed report in the Kanjhawala case in which a woman’s body was dragged for several kilometres by a car after it hit her scooter, has suggested the Delhi Police to immediately suspend the cops deployed in three PCR vans and two police pickets.

These police personnel were on duty at the time the gruesome incident happened. The MHA has also recommended Delhi Police Commissioner Sanjay Arora to take disciplinary action against these police personnel.

The MHA has also suggested the Delhi Police Commissioner to issue a show cause notice against the supervisory officers due to dereliction of investigation in the case.

READ | Kanjhawala Case: Nidhi’s Mother Says Anjali Run Over Multiple Times Before Being Dragged, Alleges Murder

news reels

The Home Ministry, headed by Amit Shah, has also asked the Delhi Police to file a chargesheet against the culprits at the earliest and take all necessary steps so that they should be punished.

The Delhi top cop has also been asked to look at a complete overhaul of the PCR system currently in place in the national capital.

A thorough examination will be carried out to ascertain whether the PCR van units should be merged with the district police for better coordination, PTI reported. The PCR vans were split from the district police a few years ago.

The report was prepared by Special Commissioner of Police Shalini Singh. Singh was tasked to submit a detailed report after a proper inquiry by Union Home Minister Amit Shah. 

“Action must also been taken to improve the law-and-order situation in the capital so that people, especially women and children, live in a fear-free environment,” the MHA said.

Anjali Singh, 20, was killed in the early hours of January 1 after her scooter was hit by a car, which dragged her for more than 12 kilometres from Sultanpur to Kanjhawala.

The postmortem report revealed the woman died of horrific impact injuries, her head fractured, and skin peeled off. Her friend, Nidhi, who was riding pillion, sustained minor injuries.  

The police had arrested Deepak Khanna, 26, Amit Khanna, 25, Krishan, 27, Mithun, 26, and Manoj Mittal in the case on January 2. Another accused, Ashutosh Bhardwaj, was arrested four days later.

Earlier this week, a Delhi court sent the six accused to judicial custody till January 23. The court also directed the Delhi Police to file a report detailing the reasons for the delay in responding to the initial PCR calls made in the case.

The court said the investigation was at a nascent stage and there was sufficient material on record to justify the judicial custody remand of accused persons, PTI reported.

Source link

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *